Monday, March 9, 2009

CREATIVE KAUAI

The Island of Kauai sure has a way of bringing out the creative side of people. It is the furthest west, and also the oldest of the main Hawaiian Islands. Kauai is nicknamed “The Garden Isle”, and rightfully so. It’s postcard perfect beauty boasts lush tropical greenery, cascading waterfalls, and crystal clear sandy beaches. Sounds like the perfect inspiration for any artist! It is also the place that several of my favorite etsy artists call home.

Marionette (Kauaiartist) resides in Waimea and owns her own studio, “Painting Paradise”, where she also teaches classes. She puts her heart into her paintings, and the Aloha Spirit shines through! I am always inspired by her art. She works mainly in watercolors and acrylic, but also has some silk paintings that are just amazing.

Here are some of my favorite works of Marionette.

"Green Cottage" watercolor print


"Rainbow Plumeria" watercolor print


"Wailua Falls" Original Acrylic


And a few of her fabulous silk paintings




Please take the time to visit Marionette and her wonderful Kauai paintings.
And, as she always says
“Have a warm and beautiful day.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Schar Freeman (Scharart) is also from Kauai and paints with Marionette in their lush Garden Isle. She is an art instructor, as well as being a full time artist. Her paintings are dramatic and bold, with a style all her own.
She works in a wide range of mediums, including watercolor, acrylic, pastels, and even creates beautiful photo frames and vases incorporating the beautiful sands and shells of Kauai! She also has a fabulous Native American Art series. Her colorful works always bring a smile to my face and make me feel happy.

Here are some of my favorite works of Schar.

"Mango Mama"


“Pueo Dream”


“Pele's Sun Over Lavender Ocean” pastel


“Kauai Sands” Photo Frame


Be sure to check out Scharart for a wonderful assortment of unique Hawaiian and Native American Art. And in the words of Schar
“Maluhia (peace),
malama pono(take good care)!
Al♥ha!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My third Kauai artist is an artist of another sort. Her name is Dava, and her etsy shop is TreasuresFromHawaii.

Not only does she offer fabulous and unusual photographs of nature in Kauai, but you will also find “Beach In A Bottle” . A little Kauai Treasure of sand, sea glass and shells in a beautiful glass bottle. Perfect for a beach themed party or wedding favor.

Beach In A Bottle


“Fruit Stand – Puhi Hawaii” 4x6 Print


“Falls At Waimea” 4x6 print


“Wailua Falls” 4x6 print


Be sure to visit “TreasuresFromHawaii” for some one of a kind Hawaiian Treasures!


Well, these are just a few Creative Kauai Artists, I am sure there are many more out there! Kauai is a gorgeous Hawaiian Island, I can’t wait to visit and hopefully get to meet these wonderful ladies in person one day. Until then, I will keep admiring their work and I must give a huge MAHALO for inspiring me to keep on painting “Hawaiian Style”.



LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

4 comments:

Schar Freeman said...

Mahalo nui loa for this wonderful gathering of Kauai Artist! You are a gem and wonderful artist and friend Lisa!
Blessings to you!
malama pono,
♥schar

Marionette said...

Lisa,
Mahalo for this wonderful article from the Garden Isle! I also admire the works of Schar and Dava! I also admire your work too. It definitely has an Oahu feel to it! Keep on Paintin' !!

Aloha my dear friend,
Marionette

Jordanka Yaretz said...

What a wonderful tribute to some of my favorite creative people.I have been to Kauai once and I loved it.Every time I look at these beautiful ladies work I am back in Kauai.
Thank you.

Miriam said...

Can I come live in Hawaii, too? Wow....beautiful work and a beautiful place!