Friday, April 24, 2009

Lil' KeikiNut

The Hawaiian word for “baby” is “Keiki” and this baby coconut palm is just beginning it’s life on the tropical shores of a beautiful island paradise!

I am always amazed when I see a palm lined beach. My thoughts are of a bobbing coconut, drifting from some far off land. Traveling, perhaps, many thousands of miles before beaching itself on a new sandy shore. Sprouting roots, it begins it's life in a totally new environment!
(And then again, it could have just fallen from the tree that is growing right above it!!)

ALOHA FROM HAWAII!!

Lil' KeikiNut ACEO
SOLD


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

2 comments:

Shia Godwin said...

Your paintings bring a relaxed calmness to me. I feel like I'm on vacation when I look at them. The baby palm is really sweet. It's also interesting because I never thought about how a palm tree begins...never thought about the fact that a coconut is a very big seed...always thought of palm trees as big trees not babys...so it has given me a new perspective.

Marionette said...

Lisa,
This is so cute! I'm so proud to own one of your ACEOs!!! Your work is excellent!

Aloha, my Hawaii "Sistah"!
Marionette