Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mokoli'i Solitude


SOLD

Mokoli'i is the Hawaiian name given to this tiny odd-shaped island on the east side of Oahu, but many people know it better as “Chinaman’s Hat”. Although Oahu is known as “The Gathering Place” and usually the popular beach park that fronts Mokoli'i is filled with beachgoers, it is still possible, on certain days, to find wonderful solitude here. Nothing but the calm bay, and the rugged Koolau Mountains, which make for a perfect tropical island setting.

"Mokoli'i Solitude"
16 x 20 Original Oil Painting



ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!



LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork.
I was in Hawaii last summer with my husband. We have been twice now, and the only time that I have wept when I left a vacation spot was in Hawaii.
I don't know why, but the islands hold a special place in my heart.
I grew up in Scotland!

Schar Freeman said...

Oh my Lisa this is a beautiful painting and looks so good on the wall. I love that side of your island.

mahalo for sharing~
♥schar