Monday, July 6, 2009

PapayaBird Painting


I have become so fascinated with the little birds that keep me company as I paint outdoors that I thought it would be fun to try and paint a few of their portraits.

This is "Papaya Paradise".

Papaya Birds, also known as House Finches, are abundant around our yard, and yes, they DO love papaya! They will peck a perfect round hole right in the center of the fruit, just as it is ripening, eat their fill, and leave the rest. I have to be quick to pick the fruit before they get to them, but occasionally they will beat me to it, (which is ok by me). As long as their sweet little chatty chirps keep me amuzed all day, I don't mind sharing my Papaya with them!



Click here to see "PAPAYA PARADISE"

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

3 comments:

Felicia Kramer said...

This painting is adorable! I love my feathered friends too and love to watch them.

Marionette said...

Lisa,
You have really captured something special here! A very precious moment indeed. What a wonderful subject to paint!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

Schar Freeman said...

Indeed a precious painting that captures the nature which surrounds you! I had a feeling after your last blogging about the birds that paintings would be just around the corner. Lovely!!

Aloha from Kauai.
schar