Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TWO NEW ISLAND DREAM LIFE PAINTINGS



I finally got around to finishing up two of my "Island Dream Life" paintings. The first is "Talk Story"
and the second is "Tutu's Secret Fishing Spot".

I love to paint "Island Daily Life" scenes. The characteristics of the Polynesians just seem to appear as I go. I do not really plan out how they will look, I just start painting, and a unique personality evolves right before my eyes! They are really my favorite to paint. And dreaming of the simple laid-back lifestyle of the South Pacific is something I never tire of.

"Talk Story" is a fun relaxed typical Polynesian fishermen scene. Two locals spend the afternoon waiting for a bite on the line, but even mo' important, they "talk story". A peaceful setting among the tropical landscape.
SOLD



"Tutu's Secret Fishing Spot" was painted off and on over a course of about 10 months. I had to be in just the right mood to work on it, and I was so happy with how it turned out, it has ended up being one of my all time favorites. (Click on the photo for a larger image.) I have framed it in solid koa, and plan on holding onto her for a while!
Not For Sale





ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

4 comments:

Mary said...

What charming paintings you create! They make me both contemplate awhile and smile.

I'm glad to have found your blog (via your comment on Jean Levert Hood's).

Megha Chhatbar said...

i don't have any words to explain your art..It is Exceptional. Is this a painting or a photograph?? :) The colors, light, scene all are superb!

Lily Pang said...

Really pleasant and charming!

Profile said...

I think your paintings are beautiful and truly capture the feeling of being "right there"! I will go to Hawaii... some day.