Saturday, May 8, 2010

ANOTHER BRIGHT IDEA FINALLY MAKES IT TO HAWAII !!!

I am so happy to say that I have finally had the pleasure of meeting Felicia Kramer of
Another Bright Idea” in person!!
In Hawaii!
Yes, she FINALLY did make it out here!

If you don’t remember, Felicia featured “Hawaii Week” on her blog back in February, where she interviewed four artists living in the “Land Of Aloha”. That was what she needed to inspire her to finally book a trip.


Although she was only on Oahu for a very short time, Brighton and I were able to meet up with her, and her wonderful sister, Fran, and spend an afternoon with them. We drove around the island a bit, stopping at a few of the beautiful lookout sights. Here are Fran and Felicia at Diamond Head Beach.


Unfortunately, it was a bit gray and hazy, not the usual strikingly gorgeous scenery I am used to, but it was still beautiful. Here we are at the Halona Blowhole Lookout. Brighton is very camera-shy and as soon as he sees a camera pointed at him, he will look away.
Silly dog!!

We then headed on to Kailua town.
I have to say, Felicia and Fran are two of the most easy-going people I have ever met. I instantly felt like I had known them for years, and there was never an uncomfortable feeling or loss of interesting topics to chat about. And believe me, Felicia and her sister have some great stories!

One of the funniest was the tale of how they went to see “The worst movie ever”, “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street”. I had never even HEARD of it before, so they basically gave me the rundown of how Johnny Depp is this barber who pretends to give the customer a shave but actually slices their throat killing them and then the wife makes them into pies and sells them…… or SOMETHING like that.

We were on our way to lunch, so I joked “If they serve mincemeat pie, be sure not to order it”. We pull into the little strip of shops that had the restaurant we planned to eat at, and you wouldn’t believe it, but there was a barber shop only two doors down!!! Right in the window it said “Cut and a SHAVE”. We cracked up !!! (Fortunately, we didn’t see mincemeat pie on the menu!!!)

They treated me to a delicious lunch at Formaggio’s. None of us had been there before, so we didn’t know what to expect, but the food was really good, and the atmosphere nice as well. (Although their bathroom mirror is much too high for us shorties!!)

Felicia brought me a bottle of DELICIOUS “Sanders Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge” all the way from her home state. She said they are famous for it. I can see why. The stuff is unreal. It is so creamy and tastes like nothing you buy in the supermarket. I am hooked! MAHALO !!!

We stopped in Island Treasures for a quick peek at their new gallery. Felicia and I both couldn’t resist some adorable Plumeria earrings, and we each bought a pair. It was fun listening to her sister tell me about her piano lessons. She is such a pleasant person, and I am so glad Felicia brought her along.

Unfortunately, it was getting late and I didn’t want to take up their entire day, as they were going to be flying on to Kauai tomorrow. So, we drove back over the Pali. It was kinda rainy and overcast, so we didn’t stop at the Pali lookout. We were having a hard time keeping Fran from zoning out in the back seat. They had had a long eventful day the previous day, and I didn’t want to wear them out completely!

Bry and I dropped them back off at their hotel and gave them a huge Hawaiian hug.
It was so great to finally get to meet another Etsy Artist in person, and have such a great day on top of that! They are flying on to Kauai where they will be lucky enough to get to meet Marionette and Dava, as well. I am still trying to find a way to get to Kauai and visit “Painting Paradise” myself.

Have fun, you guys! And have a safe trip back home.

ALOHA !!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website




5 comments:

Felicia Kramer said...

Lisa,
Fran and I are still talking about our day yesterday. The feeling is mutual - you too are such an easy person to know and you are too GENEROUS!! I'm still going "awwww" about those beautiful leis you made for us. That was so sweet and such a beautiful, traditional Hawaiian greeting.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou again for such a wonderful day - and thank Brighton too for being such a good little guy!

Sherry Dole said...

Hi Lisa, I loooove Hawaii, it must be wonderful to live there. Your artwork is splendid! Thanks for posting your adventure with Felicia & her sister, it looked like so much fun! PS Brighton is adorable-I loved his carseat. Keeps him safe & he can see!

Schar Freeman said...

Aloha Lisa!
I was so excited today to have Felicia and Fran walk into the Banana Patch Studio were I was working away here on Kauai today.

So surprised as I had only found out this morning of your adventures on Oahu, and then Felicia and Fran were on Kauai. I emailed her before I left for work and walla..they appeared just in time for lunch!

Fo' real , Felicia and Fran are sooooo.. comfortable to be with. I hope we can spend some other time here with their visit as our visit was brief today.

Sounds like you had fun and I so love how Brighton got all da kine for them too! so cute!

I hope you make it over here to Kauai soon too!

I couldn't finish watching THAT movie, even with JD being in it...aweful one indeed!

aloha♥schar

Annette said...

Oh how fun!!!! I would love to meet my blog buddies like that!

Sew it my way! said...

What a wonderful surprise! I'm glad you had a great time showing Felicia and Fran your favorite places! Aloha!