Monday, June 21, 2010

MAKAPU'U CANU'U is fun to say !

Well, leave it up to AnotherBrightIdea to come up with a fantastic treasury. I just love this one. I recognize so many fabulous Etsy artists, and it is so cool to see them all together in one place.

I was lucky enough to spend the day with Felicia and her sister Fran, when they visited the Islands last month. You can read about our excursion here.

We drove past Makapu'u Beach and I showed them the canoe that is parked on the shore there. I mentioned the painting of this scene that I was in the process of creating at the time. Although the canoe at the beach park is a blue and white, more modern version of the outrigger canoe, I decided to keep this one the traditional wooden style, and I am happy with the way it turned out. I named the piece "Makapu'u Canu'u" because it gives it that Hawaiian feel, and plus, I just find it fun to say!!
SOLD

I am honored that Felicia included it in her wonderful treasury "With A Little Art From My Friends".

MAHALO, Felicia!!

Be sure to check out "AnotherBrightIdea's" Etsy shop. She has many beautiful photos and note cards of tropical flowers that she took while visiting the Islands. I sure hope her and her sis plan a trip back again soon!

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

2 comments:

Felicia Kramer said...

Hi Lisa, I can't tell you how often my sister and I have talked about you and our visit since we were there. You were such a wonderful, funny host and we had such a good time with you!

You were a "for sure" friend for my treasury!

Meeting all my Hawaii friends was so much fun I hope to meet more of my Etsy friends in the future.

Aloha!

Mary said...

Love this painting, Lisa, as well as the one in your previous post. Thank you for telling us the story of this canoe, and the delightful name of the painting. The outrigger is lovely--so glad you made it in traditional colors to blend with your idyllic scene. And your mastery of showing the way water washes up on the beach is truly impressive.