Saturday, July 3, 2010

WILD PACIFIC


As you may or may not know, I am a nut for the South Pacific.
I recently came across an awesome 2 disc DVD series and wanted to share it with you.
It is called "Wild Pacific", and is a documentary type special featuring many tropical Islands of the Pacific.

But this is not just any ol' documentary. The filming is SPECTACULAR, unlike anything I have ever seen before. The entire time you are watching, you are thinking
"How did they capture this?"

One of my favorite parts was the slow-mo underwater images of a large wave passing overhead. The way the water churns and spins while the wave goes by is amazing!

I also found the people of the island of Anuta to be a total representation of my "Island Dream Life" ideas. There are SO MANY other interesting parts of this series as well. Including unique island cultures, giant coconut cracking crabs, and astonishing dolphin and penguin swimming scenes that are just awesome to watch!


I thought I knew alot about South Pacific Islands, but the stories shown here are truly unique and SO INTERESTING!
(So fantastic that I felt the need to blog it!)

So, check it out some time. I was lucky enough to be able to watch it on a HUGE screen at night, and the colors and images just blew me away. I think I will go watch it again !!!

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

3 comments:

ArtSnark said...

sounds great- thanks for the suggestion

Lily Pang said...

It looks like your paintings. Ocean is interesting and I can guess the documentary is very interesting.

Annette said...

The photos are stunning!