Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PARADISE LAGOON


My inspiration for “Paradise Lagoon” comes from the tropical sheer mountain cliffs that make up the Marquesas Islands, but is not taken from a real location. It is an image in my mind. A place that I dream does exist, and that maybe one day I will discover.

Some of my most enjoyable paintings are ones that come from my imagination.

SOLD
"Paradise Lagoon"
24x20 Palette Knife Painting

MAHALO for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

3 comments:

Valerie said...

The frame is perfect for your wonderful painting-where did you ever find it?

The other night Amy and I took Willow for a walk-and the clouds were low and black against the night sky. They looked exactly like the mountains you have painted. Even though it was really cold out, I stood and stared at the clouds for quite a while imagining that they really were mountains, and that I was in Hawaii.


Those mountains-I like to keep their image in my mind too:)

Mary said...

This is a delightful painting, Lisa! Love those awe-inspiring mountains and the contrast with the homey little tiki-hut. I want to BE THERE :>) !

Toyin O. said...

These paintings are so beautiful, you are very talented:)