Thursday, December 22, 2011

HOMEWARD BOUND



The sea birds of Hawaii have their very own bit of Paradise, making their nesting sites in the sheer cliffs high above the churning sea below.

SOLD
"Homeward Bound"
is one of my original 10x20, one of a kind, palette knife oil paintings.


The inspiration for this painting was an early morning surf session I had a few months ago. As I paddled out at sunrise, there was a constant stream of beautiful white seabirds flying along the shallows, parallel with the coastline. They all headed towards the Makapu’u cliffs and Manana Island, which is a seabird sanctuary. The entire time I was surfing, the trail of birds never ended. Some flying low, and so near, they almost buzzed my head! They were fun to watch.


Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork!

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Beautiful Lisa!

Merry Christmas, my friend:)