Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MORE OF MAUI... and a happy little pup


We recently spent some time on the beautiful island of Maui,
where I got to do a lot of plein-air painting.
(Hopefully I can blog about that when I get some free time.)
But for now, here are a few of my recent palette knife paintings of this gorgeous island. Can’t wait to go back some day!

This scene resembles the painting in my previous post, and that is because it is the same “Polo Beach” in Wailea on the south side of Maui. This is such a scenic beach and a lot of fun to paint.
SOLD


Pa’ako Beach, also known as “Secret Cove” (which is a silly name because it is not all that secret!) is a wonderful place to spend the day. Tourists will “pop in” to have a look and take a few pictures, but most of them do not stay long. Many weddings take place in this “secret cove” and we saw one while we were there.
SOLD


This is Kamaole Beach in Kihei, Maui. There are actually three Kamaole Beach Parks that stretch the coast of Kihei (Kamaole I, II, III). We spent many evenings walking these beautiful beaches with our little pup, Brighton. He was so happy to get to go along to Maui with us. His favorite part of the trip was spending time on the beach, making friends wherever he went!
This scene is from the Kamaole II beach, at the "Kamaole Nalu" resort, which can be found nestled between the “Royal Mauian” and “Hale Pau Hana”.
SOLD



You would have a difficult time finding a happier "Maui Dawg" !




Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork!

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !!!


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm jealous Lisa. Jealous!! I'm sitting here in a wool sweater, jeans and wool socks watching the near white out conditions outside, and you are in shorts!

Oh, and I LOVE your newest paintings. They make me feel like I am there. Where I could be wearing shorts too:)

Felicia Kramer said...

Awwww, I miss you and Brighton! Beautiful paintings, beautiful lady, beautiful pup.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,

Love your paintings!
I've been looking for blog posts about Maui to feature on our site. If you're interested, you can drop me a line at Kate (at) Dwellable (.com)

Thanks!