Friday, February 24, 2012

NAKUI NO KA 'OI ~ A Makawao Painting


One of our Maui afternoons was spent in the quaint little cowboy town of Makawao.
Although I am not one for shopping, it was fun to stroll down Baldwin Avenue and check out all the wonderful art galleries lining the street. As we headed back to our car, Dean noticed this adorable little place. He loved the highlights and shadows the late afternoon sun was casting across the landscape.
“Here is a painting for you to do, Lisa”
as he snapped a quick photo.


Although this is not one of my usual palm tree lined tropical beach scenes, I really enjoyed painting this piece. I feel that it captures the laid back, easy going Makawao lifestyle. To date, “Nakui No Ka ‘Oi” is one of my favorites. I hope you like it too!


SOLD
"Nakui No Ka ‘Oi"
is an original oil painting done with brush.
It comes framed in a rustic barnwood frame with liner.


Outside frame dimensions are 16”x19”
Painting measures 9”x12”


Please email me for availability.
Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Dean was right! I love this painting!!

You know, Lisa, you are not helping me get out of my "I miss Hawaii" funk. I appreciate that:)

Lily Pang said...

I like it very much!