Thursday, March 8, 2012

UPCOUNTRY EVENING MAGIC



My recent visit to Maui gave me so much painting inspiration. One evening, as we were driving through the rolling hills of Olinda, the meadows and pasture lands started glowing gorgeous greens and yellows from the setting sun. Everywhere you looked, it was unbelievable. I can’t remember ever seeing such intense colors in nature like this before, and I tried to capture them in this painting titled “Upcountry Evening Magic”.

SOLD


The painting is 6" x 12", and continues around the sides of the canvas.


Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !


LisaBongZee's Island Dream Life Website

3 comments:

Mary said...

This is truly lovely, Lisa--the scene just glows in your painting. I almost always use gallery wrap canvas for my painting--personally prefer the contemporary look of it unframed. It also helps keep my prices more reasonable than framed work. And clients can always frame the pieces if they wish to.

Have enjoyed browsing posts of your recent work and found the scene with the red pickup truck particularly charming.

Lily Pang said...

It's really magical!

Valerie said...

I love palm trees and beaches (ok, so I'm crazy like a lunatic for them) but I love these pastoral scenes of Hawaii too. Very nice work, Lisa!