Friday, November 30, 2012

'TIS THE SEASON FOR GRAND MARNIER

Practice, Practice, PRACTICE!
Recently, I was introduced to still life painting by my friend, Sue. She gave me her original “Tangerine Bowl” as inspiration. I wanted to repay her for her generosity by painting her an original palette knife still life of my own. I heard that she likes Grand Marnier, so I went out and bought a bottle of it. I have never tried Grand Marnier before, but it must not be that bad because as I was purchasing it, the cashier was just about drooling and saying “This is some good stuff”. Then, as I was leaving, I heard another person “OOOuuuhhh Grand Marnier, yum yum yum” while smacking their lips together loudly.

Over the next few weeks, I practiced painting the Grand Marnier bottle. It was quite fun, with it’s bright red ribbon, wax stamp front, and reddish glow of it's contents that was cast by the light. On my third try, I was happy with the result. I sent the painting off to Sue, and she loved it.

Now, I may just have to bust open the bottle and see what all the hype is about!
'Tis the Season

Grand Marnier #1


Grand Marnier #2


Grand Marnier #3
"Just For Sue"
Unfortunately, the photo didn't turn out too well and has quite a bit of glare. Oh well.

Happy Holidays from Hawaii!

Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.



Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: