Thursday, April 4, 2013

MAUI PAINTCATION Part 2



Here are some of the plein air palette knife paintings I did while on my Maui Paintcation.

We stayed in Kihei the first week and Kapalua the second.
Our first day found us back at one of my favorite places to plein air on Maui, Pa’ako Beach.

And as usual, there was a beautiful Hawaiian Wedding taking place.



SOLD
Pa'ako Beach (Secret Cove), Maui
11x14
Painted February 13, 2013

The next morning was spent at Charley Young Beach.


SOLD
Charley Young Beach, Kihei
11x14
Painted February 14, 2013

We came across this beach on our last trip, but I had never painted here, so I decided to give it a try.
Maluaka Beach

Dean and Brighton had a great time hanging out here. There were humpback whales breaching everywhere you looked. The weather was perfect, and it was just a great day to be out painting in Paradise!

Trying to finish up adding in the people before the black rain clouds and wind started to roll in.


SOLD
Maluaka Beach
11x14
Painted February 15, 2013

There is a great little walking trail that goes all along the coastline in Wailea with some beautiful scenery.



Brighton loved the long walks.


The next day was spent up at Fleming Beach watching the kick-off of the Maui Plein Air Invitational.

Since Dean and Brighton enjoyed Maluaka Beach so much, I decided to go back and paint there again. The weather was not quite as nice this day. Although you would never know from this picture, it was very windy with gusts that threatened to take my easel and paints on several occasions.


SOLD
Maluaka Beach
11x14
Painted February 17, 2013

Our last day in Kihei had me wanting to go back to Pa'ako Beach.
This time, I painted looking the other way, towards Kihei.

A couple visiting from Canada saw me painting at Pa'ako Beach the first day and ended up buying this painting. They loved that it had Molokini in the background.

SOLD
Pa'ako Beach (Secret Cove), Maui
11x14
Painted February 18, 2013

As we were leaving, George Allan came by to paint Pa'ako Beach too. So, of course, I had to stay and watch!
Mahalo for letting us keep you company, George.

This was a beautiful little painting he did for the Maui Plein Air Invitational.

The next day, we headed up to Kapalua for a week.
Part 3 of my Maui Paintcation blog will have my plein air paintings from that part of our trip.

Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: