Sunday, July 28, 2013

BOARD IN THE BOX


Sometimes it’s the littlest things that make me happy!
Dean recently ordered a new custom board from
Kazuma Surfboards
on Maui. It had to be shipped over, and when it arrived, he was pretty excited to unpack it and see what it looked like.
As he opened the large cardboard box, and kept unpacking, he could finally catch a glimpse of the board. I could tell he was stoked about it.
I, on the other hand, was eyeing that large cardboard box that he had just removed it from. Big, long, clean, beautiful cardboard. The perfect ingredient for making custom packing boxes for my 11x14 gatorboard panel paintings!
When the exacto knife was finally finished flailing away, Dean ended up with a beautiful new custom surfboard, shipped completely unharmed, and I ended up with 8 wonderful shipping boxes for my paintings.
Dean likes his board so much that he talked me into having Matt make me one too. I am not sure if I am more excited about the new board, or the box that it will come in!
(OK, maybe just a little more excited about the board!)

ALOHA FROM HAWAII



Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Flailing is what I'd do on a surf board;)

Great idea reusing all that cardboard-and I'm glad you get a new board too!

Felicia Kramer said...

I thought I was the only one who sometimes got more excited about the (free) packing material instead of the item that was shipped to me!