Wednesday, July 3, 2013

THE PROGRESSION OF A PALETTE KNIFE PAINTING


Thought you might like to see the steps in creating one of my palette knife paintings. When I paint with the knife, I usually work from the top down, instead of blocking in the entire canvas and working all around. I have heard mixed reviews on this technique, but it is how I learned, and it works for me.

First a rough sketch.
Sometimes I stain the canvas, but more often it is left white.

I start with the sky.

Then add Koko Head, Koko Crater, and the far ocean.

Followed by the lifeguard shack, and foreground sand.

And finally, the foreground water and shoreline.

"Sandy’s Morning Glow"
14x11 Palette Knife Painting



Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: