Monday, April 28, 2014

BORED WITH MY BOARDS ~ Element Surfboard Painting



Most of my surfboards are plain white. When I see plain white, I see blank canvas. So, this past weekend, I gave my palette knife a rest and broke out my paint pens. One of my boards had a discolored fix across the back, so I created a design that would cover it up. I thought of some of my favorite things – palm trees, tiki hut, ocean and lava – and sketched them onto the board.


Then I got to work. Although I am still creating art, it is so much different than palette knifing landscapes. I do not have to think at all with this style and I find it very relaxing. The colorful paints flow from the pens and I can daydream and just have FUN!


Don’t think, just doodle!



The design needed to wrap around the sides of the board to the front, so I made the lava flow continue and turn into flames and a tiki dude.




The HIC logo was begging for some color too.



This kind of fun art can be addicting to me. I can almost see how people, once they get started with tattoos, keep going until their arms and legs are completely covered.

Although I don’t plan on getting a tattoo any time soon, I may just cover this board from rail to rail!

Eric Arakawa Element


Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII!


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: