Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DELICIOUS “PERKS” OF BEING AN ARTIST


A few years ago, I was asked to create a special coffee label for “Ka Pono O Ka Aina” farms. They are growers of organic coffee and macadamia nuts on Hawaii’s Big Island. They sent me a sample of some of their freshly roasted coffee beans and mac nuts, which were some of the best I have ever tasted, and a basic description of what they wanted the label to portray. I was thrilled to be able to create a work of art that would be used for such delicious products.

The company loved my creation, and to this day, years later, I am still being surprised by special treats in my mailbox. Gifts that say how much they really did appreciate the work that went into creating their custom coffee label. It touches me to know that they feel this way about my art, but I think I am the one that got the much better end of the deal!


Ka Pono O Ka Aina's Coffee Farm Label

Ka Pono O Ka Aina’s awesome organic coffee and macadamia nuts can be found at
KAYA’s Store
79-7300 Mamalahoa Hwy, Kawanui, Hawaii 96750
(808) 322-8800



Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII!


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: