Wednesday, June 18, 2014

THE ART OF ESPERANCE


Esperance Rakotonirina is a friend and fellow artist.
I love the life-like work he creates, which often include honu and other Hawaiian wildlife. I especially enjoy the native Hawaiian birds that he paints. Unfortunately, I do not have space to collect many artist's pieces, as much as I would like, but there was one painting of Esperance's I just had to have. It is a scene of the (now non-existant) Aoki's Shave Ice on the North Shore of Oahu. As soon as I saw this piece, it made me smile. Many people have painted Aoki's in the past, but this one just had a feeling about it that seemed to bring out it's true character.
I just LOVE it!

Here is one of Esperance's life-like honu that I received as a Birthday gift from him.

If you would like to see more of his beautiful work in person, he has a show going on now through July 10th at the
"Gallery On The Pali"
2500 Pali Hwy

The show is titled
"From Madagascar To Hawaii - Reflections".
Esperance is originally from the island of Madagascar, and he has incorporated both of these tropical islands into his show.
Be sure to check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Mahalo, Esperance, for sharing your beautiful creations with all of us!

ALOHA FROM HAWAII


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: